Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's Going To Be A Busy Week!

To confirm what I was "pretty sure" about last week/post: I am indeed moving to Ottawa in the second week of July. My partner Eleanor and I should have an address there by August 1st. I'm still looking into progressive skewls for Éabha. I was hired by an Ottawa school board and Eleanor has a job lined up as well. I'm also excited about moving to Ottawa because I know several people there like Pete, Stuart and Ashley; to say nothing of my cousins living there (they are several).

I'm super excited that Eleanor will be coming back from British Columbia on the 30th of May. I think we're both looking forward to extracting the "long distance" from our long distance relationship.

Two days later I'll be bringing back Éabha, who has been flourishing lately. I can't wait to see her and have a good feeling that June will be A LOT of fun! I've just enrolled Éabha in swimmin' lessons for June as well, so stay tuned for the photos of that and more.

Oh oh, another great piece of news, I'm no longer working at the slog! I fired my boss! I feel great now. I'm hoping to get a few more (supply) teaching days in here before the move, and the end of the school year.

My pal/comrade Tad Hargrave is visiting from Edmonton to give a workshop. I had the pleasure of picking him up from the airport yesterday and checking out a fringe play that was indeed, too fringe(3) for the fringe festival. I hope to meet up with Tad again before he heads back.

Tomorrow I'll be heading to Pedestrian Sunday in Kensington Market, which should be fun. Then I'm off to an open gender baby shower for pals Japji and Raidel, who are due in the middle of June (yay!).

That's it for now. Comment and visit often!

John D

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NB: i hear this eleanor character's super stoked about it as well. include that. as a fact.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home