Thursday, March 22, 2007

Faery Fort, Happy Birthday Muin and The North End Pub/Dinner Up In Flames

This post won't be as long as I'd like it to be, or as long as it ought to be but that sleeping issue I mentioned in the last post hasn't exactly cleared up, and therefore, neither has my cerebral landscape.

The 3rd set of photos are of the very impressive "Faery Fort" that Emily built for Eabha; you can see the excitement and appreciation on Eabha's expression(s). The 2nd set of photos are of Muin's 3rd Birthday Party. The 1st set of photos were taken around the block from where I live about two weeks ago when a flash fire brought an end to the North End Pub/Dinner - two cornerstones of the community in which I live. It also shut down my power, phone and internet for the day..the news reported the flames reached 4 stories into the air; I first saw the smoke on my drive home when I was a 15 minute drive away!

Eabha's last class of her 1st set of swimming lessons will be this Sunday. Eabha has done really well with them. She has learned to jump off the side, blow bubbles under water, kick with a flutter board, do a front/back float, crab walk and aligator crawl, as of last week she can hold her breath underwater for about 5 seconds!!!, and she has developed a familiarity with a number of aquatic related children's songs.

Kyna is doing well, I can't believe how big she is now. At just over a year she is still quite boisterous, however she is well trained and ulitmately her behaviour makes her a good companion for me.

Apparently Eabha got her photo in a local paper at a recent (global day of action) anti-war/anti-occupation demonstration here in Halifax. Eabha had spontaneously grabbed the corner of a large banner and the attention of several photographers and demonstrators.

Hoping You Are Well,

John D
























5 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Heather said...

That's a sweet fort. Looks like Eabha thinks so too.

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger PetiteMommy said...

Awww, the fort looks cute and so does Eabha...how creative!!!

You, on the other hand, look sad in the last photo. How are you?

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Eabha the Kiwi said...

Hey There! I'm not too bad. Ha, I was actually just looking serious; I was watching this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RN9NJt8BaSY

and thinking how Queen is such a seriously good rock and roll group!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger cookie said...

hey.. do I have the right email address for you?.. I'm gonna be in your neck of the woods soon.. xx

cookielovescake (at that gmail place)

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Anna said...

love the fort! can't believe the north end diner is gone :( miss you all tonnes - i will call soon!

love anna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home