Tuesday, December 19, 2006

HCAP VS. TRANSGLOBE

This post is intended to relay Haliax Coalition Against Poverty's (HCAP) most recent victory. Together with seditiously stubborn and courageous Transglobe tennants, HCAP paid a visit to Transglobe's office with the hope of applying pressure on the slum lords to make their housing safe and livable (here are the details of the case).

Transglobe (also here, and in vancouver, and some message board disscussion about Transglobe) is a parasitic corporation that preys on low income tennants. The photos of the insides of the residencies in question were nothing short of appaling. Transglobe had refused to be accountable, and had (earlier in the day of the action) cancelled a meeting with HCAP just before it was planned.

I believe the photos and videos tell the rest of the story.

John D

HCAP office meeting prior to Transglobe Visit



Transglobe visit



Report Back

5 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger cookie said...

Hey there..

I'm headed to Norht America in the spring! (Gonna do a climate roadshow with some ef! folks..) Hopefully we will make it up to canada..

Would be ace to see you, Eabha looks so big! WoW..

Hey - I am in Tasmania on webmail so I don't have your or Danny Vegas's emails.. and would like to yarn about meeting up.. can you send?

xxcookie

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Fight Transglobe Apartments said...

http://fighttransglobe.blogspot.com/

Transglobe does indeed suck.
Pass it on!

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger carolyn said...

WOAH !!! Was looking to move from Vancouver to Halifax and nearly took an apartment from TransGlobe sight unseen recently. Thought I asked alot of the right questions but was stunned to see these actions against them and the words slumlords used. I am disabled and on my own and this is just scarey, what I could have walked into. Thanks for the warnings. Whew, close one.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger carolyn said...

WOAH !!! I am a disabled senior who was looking for an apartment in Halifax and nearly took an apartment with transglobe in Halifax sight unseen as I can't afford to go there first. I am moving from Vancouver and had no idea this company was so horrible. So glad I found your websites. How scarey.

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am from Toronto but am giving you guys support in Halifax as we are all experiencing the same issues I can tell from these comments. Transglobe is the biggest SLUMLORD and has aggravated me and caused stress to the tennants to the point where you spend all your days and nights writing complaint letters or calling the cops or trying to get a hold of someone in Trnasglobe which is practically impossible. They will get theirs soon....I can't wait for my Hearing against them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home