Saturday, November 26, 2005

Quick, Short Post..

I thought I'd post and entry because:

a) I really wanted to put these photos up.
b) Tom (our friend/flatmate) was complaining there hadn't been a photo of him in too long.

May I present "Eabha the Kiwi", now with 20% more Tom!

Speaking of friends/flatmates..."Cookie" just did an entry on her blog about "dumpster diving", or "skip diving" (in the U.K). Anywho, I thought it was interesting because cnn of all places did an article about it just yesterday (don't be put-off by the sexist title of the article, women dumpster as well). I wasn't the only one surprised that corporate media would do an article on the subject, the write-up was noted on an anarchist news site as well!


If you're procrastinating or just passing the time, our flatmate/friend "Cookie" sent me this link from activists back in the U.K. The activists were protesting against shell's involvement in the hanging of environmentalists in nigeria. Anyways the video on the link is rather telling because now that "everything's changed since 9-11" there are "no-protest zones" in down-town areas in the U.K! An activist at this demonstration asks a police officer about why such a rediculous law exists and the officer responds something to the effect of: "because people like me are paid to uphold rediculous laws". Very funny. We already knew that but sometimes it's refreshing to know that they know it and can articulate it as well. Want to watch the video (it's the second comment after the photos)?

We decided on Waiheke Island as a day-destination for our trip tomorrow (Monday as a rain date). We'll post photos then!

"I sit on a man's back choking him and making him carry me and yet assure myself and others that I am sorry for him and wish to lighten his load by all possible means, except by getting off his back."

--Leo Tolstoy, 1886


John D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home