Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Belated Birthday Blog..

Well Hello,

Yes, Happy Birthday to me... I would have posted earlier but I felt compelled to add the last post because of the urgency and sadness of the situation, I hope I was not the only one to send an email. Thank you all for the wonderful birthday emails, phone calls and comments. I really appreciated them.

So on August 28 (though I don't know which time zone) I turned 27 years old. That's right I'm a Virgo, the most superior of all the astrological signs!! A Happy Belated Birthday Blog to my mother and her fraternal twin sister Margaret, who share the birthday with me every year.

Luckily age doesn't mean very much here in never never land; my Peter Pan syndrome suits me very well. These ladies have it...They'll never grow up and they'll never grow old.

Emily made a great pumpkin pie from scratch (which was SO GOOD) and we finished the day with a fantastic potluck.


I had a super day out at the Domain Park, about a 15 minute walk from our house. Emily took all the great photos and the lame comments accompanying them....all me.

I have 3 weeks left of this high school placement, I'm really looking forward to finishing the term.

Emily's art blog is set up. We will reveal the site address as soon as we get some photos loaded (probably in the next post).

Eabha has gotten the cold that really seems to be going around. She is otherwise in perfect health though, and is still in relatively good spirits.

Crazy situation in New Orleans and surrounding areas. No connection with climate change though...wouldn't want the terrorists to win. I did notice however what oil has been doing. I thought this photo was VERY compelling. Interesting how corporate media labels white people as "finders" and non-whites as "looters". It sort of reminds me of "Bowling for Columbine" and the bit about the killer bees. Very sad, not at all surprising.

CLICK THE PHOTO TO ENLARGE



Well that's it for me for now, enjoy the photos and stay tuned for the next post comming soon.

Peace by Piece,
John D

1 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Blogger PetiteMommy said...

Happy Birthday! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home